I know kale is meant to be a wonder food… but generally I don’t like it! It’s bitter, it’s tough and it seems to have few redeeming features other than its nutritional value. (Come on, we all know I like food to be tasty!)
This soup seems to make it palatable… Actually, pretty tasty!
Kale, Cauliflower and Chorizo Soup
Serves 4 (massive portions)
184 calories, 20g carbohydrate (7g sugar, 6g fibre), 10g protein, 8g fat
- 1 small-ish head of cauliflower
- 1 large onion
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 75g chorizo
- 200g kale
- 1 red chilli (optional)
- Roughly chop the carrots, cauliflower, chilli and onion and cut the chorizo into strips.
- Put in a saucepan (or pressure cooker) with enough water to cover by 1″.
- Boil until the carrots are soft (about 20 minutes).
- Add kale and boil for another 10 minutes.
- Blend until smooth.
- Serve in BIG bowls and enjoy.